Sunday, September 29, 2013

Life is sweet...


Good morning everyone I hope your all well and your weekend is going great...well Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp showed up on time but I decided to go for coffee with my lovely Phil and Dad instead lol...who can blame me...it was a beautifully sunny 22degrees yesterday and while we were having a wander around a shop something fluorescent pink caught my eye...it was a woman about fifty something with a skin tight and I mean super skin tight Lycra fluorescent pink dress on, super short wandering around totally oblivious to every ones stares and snigger's...seriously woman this is not Ibiza and your not 16 buy yourself a cardigan and cover it up we don't all want to see it...you should have seen Phil and my Dad's open mouthed expressions as she walked past, I couldn't help giggling at them...I totally go with that you should wear what your comfortable in and never mind was anyone else says but really I don't want to be put off the piece of cake I was going to have with my coffee do I lol...Its very hard sometimes when your over 50 to decide what to wear, you don't want to be frumpy and don't want to look like mutton done up as lamb but I can with my hand on my heart say I have never felt the urge to wear a dress like that...honestly...right now onto my card for today, how stunningly adorable is this Mo's Digital Pencil sweetie...she is called Look, Ma! (Girl) and is one of her line drawing digis...I love this range don't you, they are so realistic and have a super soft look to them...I coloured her with my distress inks and matched her with these equally as stunning papers from the Kaisercraft - Needle & Thread 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad...I love the beautiful colours in this, its from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...aren't they very similar to the colours in yesterdays papers even though they are a totally different pad...I cut some of the flowers from more sheets for decoration and the sentiment is a rub on, I won a voucher for Our Mum's Craft Shop a little while ago and bought the Kaisercraft Enchanted Garden Rub Ons with part of it and thought this saying was perfect for this image...I finished with some buttons from the new bags I bought from a local shop...this button thing is rapidly becoming an addiction lol...the fab sketch is from the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and the Card Makin Mamas Challenge too...I think it will be a sitting in the garden relaxing kinda day today if the weather stays the same that is...whatever your up to today I hope wherever you are its a sunny one for you too...speak to you all tomorrow
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen, frayed burlap
jacket - spun sugar, evergreen bough, peeled paint
t-shirt - pumice stone
trousers - antique linen, spun sugar, evergreen bough, peeled paint
bike and wheels - worn lipstick, spun sugar, pumice stone 

14 comments:

Sammy said...

This is stunning Mina! Fabulous detail and such great colours. Love it! x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I agree it is harder to dress after 50 but there are limits, her dress sounds awful. Your card is gorgeous, love the colours and the rubon is perfect. xx

Lisa Lynn said...

Mina, your card is stunning. Love your coloring as usual and perfect papers to match. I'm 45 and already feel that way about dressing, but some do what they want. However, there are some people that I thing should have to get a license to wear a thong in public, hehe.

caroline said...

Amazing card as always mina, stunning colouring
Caroline xx

Mojca said...

Oh you lucky folks, we have rain and I caught a cold! well your card is so pretty, the little girl looks so happy, and the colours are just gorgeous. Have a lovely day

Laura Sterckx said...

What a sweet card! :) I love the color scheme, the roses and the beautifully colored image!
Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Claire said...

A really sweet card Mina, lovely image. Hugs, Claire x

scrapperdiane said...

Beautifully done,so sweet.

Unknown said...

Stunning card Mina! Love the papers you used and such a sweet image! Hugs Frea

Debbie said...

Pink + lycra + 50! Oh the horrible picture in my mind your description gave me!! LOL
Your card is super sweet!! Beautiful papers and such a cute image!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.fab pretty paper and colours and your image is adorable ;D

xx coops xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

So cute Mina and beautifully coloured too! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Makin' Mamas, Susan x

KandA said...

Fabulous card Mina. I do love that cute little girl on her bike xx

Tindaloo said...

such a sweet card and image! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...