Tuesday, September 17, 2013

a touch of red to ward off the gremlins...


Good morning everyone bbbbbrrrrrr what happened to the weather...its blowing a mini gale here and so much rain that's falling horizontal...autumn has certainly arrived with a vengeance...I woke on Sunday morning to ever rose on my striped rose bush gone...the wind had blown every petal off them, I was gutted...I don't so much mind autumn arriving but please leave my roses alone lol...hows the weather where you are?...did you all have a good weekend, our Sunday lunch was lush but the menu was changed a little as the cream I had bought for the cheesecake has gone off so I changed to a orange kinda thing, a made up one with cream substitute but everyone loved it anyway so it turned out ok...I had one of those days yesterday, you know the sort, everything you touch turns out wrong...our beautiful Daughter is of to Dublin on Wednesday for a business meeting and I booked her the train for her, went to print the receipt and nothing not a thing, my printer wont even switch on...I have changed the fuse but that's about as far my electrical skills go...looks like a new ones needed, I managed to send it to Phil to print at work though, then I went to my craft room and discovered the pile of images I had saved have faded in the light...ok now that's a conspiracy isn't it...a broken printer and no images to colour lol, now my camera is acting up and the photos are turning out rubbish...I'm scared to move today just in case something else breaks or goes wrong...luckily I had this beautiful stamp to use today...its from Bildmalarna and is called JustMe Nr.6...shes a real beauty isnt she...I coloured her with my distress inks as you can see my colouring mojo is still a bit shaky and the colouring isn't the best I have ever done...the lush paper pad I used is the Teresa Collins 6x6" Paper Pad - Stationary Noted and all the sentiments and flowers I cut from the same pad, I love the blue and red colour combo in it dont you, unusual but it works so well...I finished with a scattering of pearls...everything I used except the pearls are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I made the sketch up as I went along but am entering my card for the Ladybug Crafts Challenge, Stamping Sensations Challenge and the Sister Act Card Challenge too...I'm off to put my head under a blanket and wait for the next breakage lol...whatever your up to today have a great one
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen
outfit - faded jeans, fired brick, pumice stone
flowers - shabby shutters, fired brick, pumice stone 

14 comments:

Irene said...

Love those red flowers that go so well with the ones on the image, well done Mina!!

xx Irene

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your adorable card.
luv
Debby

Sammy said...

It's a gorgeous card Mina, and I'm sure it will ward off those pesky gremlins before they decide to break anything else! x

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.
Gr Elly

KandA said...

Gorgous card Mina, love the image and colour combo xx

Mojca said...

Wow this is stunning! Just love the pretty papers! Oh yes I know one of those days that absolutely everything goes wrong :) Hope tomorrow serves you better :) Hugs! MOjca

mags said...

A gorgeous card Mina. Super image and love the papers. Like how you have cut the flowers from the papers to decoupage on. Hope your gremlins have disappeared for a while.
Mags
x

brenda said...

Your card is adorable Mina, such pretty DP's which compliment the sweet image and her little hints of red perfectly.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Nannieflash said...

Oh dear Mina, I think we all have rotten days like that, and yes weve had the stair rods rain here in Gloucestershire, at the moment it seems to have stopped but its not very warm.
A stunning card, love your colour choice it looks gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.the red is fabulous and i love the sassy image :D

xx coops xx

My'scardcorner said...

Very striking card Mina
Myrax

Mau xx said...

This is so sweet Mina, love the way you add the extra flowers.
Hugs Mau xx
ps its like winter here on the NE coast :~(

Lynne K said...

What a gorgeous card! I LOVE the papers, and such a sweet image. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Lynne

Francesca said...

What a Fabulous poppy coloured creation
thanks for joining us a Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Francesca x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...